WPThunder.com strongly believes in freedom of speech. We have a vast audience spread across many cultures, countries and backgrounds with varying values and our service is designed to let users freely express any ideas and opinions without us censoring or endorsing them. That being said, there are a few categories of content and behavior that we don’t permit because we consider them harmful to the community.
To be transparent about what is and isn’t allowed on your site, we’ve put together this set of guidelines. The following activity/material isn’t allowed on WPThunder.com.
Illegal content and conduct.
- Intellectual property infringement.
- WPThunder.com is a publishing, rather than a file sharing platform, so we recognize that copyrighted materials are often used in fair use context. We strongly support this and urge copyright holders to take this into consideration before submitting complaints. If you’re not sure, a good rule of thumb is to always ask the rights holder for permission before republishing their content. While recognizing the existence of copyright, we believe everyone – both authors and society as a whole would be better served by “open sourcing” their content. The best vehicle for doing so is to make use of Creative Commons. We encourage website owners and authors to freely share their material whenever possible in this manner. For more information, visit the Creative Commons website.
- Pornography and Offensive Language
- Visual or verbal depictions of sexually explicit acts are not permitted on any site hosted by WPThunder.com. Some nudity when used for educational and not erotic purposes. So called ‘mature content’ is neither mature nor welcome on WPThunder.com. While we welcome diversity in ideas, expression of these ideas should be suitable for the broadest of audiences. If you do not agree, then you are welcome to take your content to services encouraging this type of content.
- Technologically harmful content.
- Please don’t upload or link to malware, spyware, adware, or other malicious or destructive code. Knowingly doing so will result in termination of your account without refund.
- Don’t claim to be a person or organization you’re not. (Parody and satire are ok though!)
- Directly threatening material.
- Do not post direct and realistic threats of violence. That is, you cannot post a genuine call for violence—or death—against an individual person, or groups of persons. This doesn’t mean that we’ll remove all hyperbole or offensive language.
- Posting private information.
- Don’t share someone’s personal information without their consent. This includes collecting sensitive information in Contact Forms such as account passwords and credit card numbers, to name a couple.
- Advertising isn’t permitted unless you have a Business Level Site.
- Hotlinking to WPThunder.com.
- Your WPThunder.com site shouldn’t host files that will only be used on other sites.
- Spam or machine-generated content.
- You know what this is, but in general, sites such as those primarily dedicated to drive traffic to third party sites, boost SEO, phish, spoof, or promote affiliate marketing aren’t cool. We don’t want you to pollute the web outside of WPThunder.com either, so we ask you to please avoid sending unwanted or unsolicited promotions or emails about your site, even if it’s not on WPThunder.com.
Bear in mind that these are just guidelines — interpretations are up to us. These guidelines are not exhaustive and are subject to change.
If you believe a WPThunder.com site has violated our Terms of Service or any of these policies, please report the site. We review and investigate all complaints that we receive, but if and how we respond will depend on a variety of factors, such as the information available to us and the type of violation. We may also contact the site owner to inform him/her of the complaint.
If we’re not in a position to make a determination (for example, whether something is defamatory or not), we defer to the judgment of a court.